Reports to: Global Technology Hub Helpdesk Manager
Location: London, Berlin, Paris, Tunis (other locations are also potentially acceptable)
Contract Duration: 12 months (with possible extension)
Expected Starting: ASAP
Salary expectation: Salary commensurate with experience
Internews seeks an experienced technologist with a background in direct support to join Internews Global Technology Hub (GTH) to provide mentoring, training, and ongoing support for our media partners working across the MENA region. You’ll join a small team providing a direct connection between Internews’s MENA based partners and beneficiaries and offering vital support and assistance to local partners using digital tools for publishing, broadcasting, and communication more effectively, securely, and safely.
- Conduct needs assessment in different digital capacities to develop support and training plans with different partner organisations;
- Helping with administration, support, trouble shooting for websites (including many built in Wordpress and other prominent open source CMS) as well as training on use of online publishing platforms;
- Delivering IT support and assisting with digital safety and information security training, guidance and mentoring;
- Support partner organisatons in the use of digital collaboration tools, helping benchmark and select tools, set policies for efficient, secure and safe use, ensure the organization develops the capacity to manage the system even beyond the period of support with Internews;
- Helping partners better access, understand and use metrics tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook page insights and so forth;
- Collaborating on documentation of processes and in extending training materials; and
- Working with an international team to maintain good communications, timelines and maintain reasonable expectations on service delivery.
Candidates should possess the following experience, skillsets or background:
- Fluency in Arabic, English;
- Passions for free expression and internet freedom;
- Patience, and excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to explain technical concepts in plain language for individuals and groups with different levels of digital experience and understanding;
- Ability to work in a globally distributed team on projects with multiple milestones and deliverables;
- Able to provide support remotely, working with those who may have technical difficulties;
- Experience with delivering technical support over internet chat, voice or video calls or in creating documented how-to lessons and resources;
- An understanding of digital safety and information security practices;
- Using end-to-end encryption in communications and file transmission; and
- Documentation ability and writing for hand-over, and clear writing.
Beneficial but not required
In addition to the above, it may be helpful (but not essential) if candidates have the following:
- Some web development and DevOps experience;
- Familiarity working with git;
- Managing hosting environment for WordPress and other php website installations and migration;
- Comfortable editing HTML, CSS, and Markdown ;
- A solid understanding of information security and internet’s building blocks: DNS, SSL, IP, etc.;
- Managing domain records;
- Using anti-DDOS services and other attack-mitigation technologies (Cloudflare, Deflect, etc.);
- Fluency in at least one other regional or vernacular language (Persian, Turkish, French, Russian, etc) is advantageous;
- Experience in organisational security assessments (SAFETAG or other frameworks) is advantageous; and
- Experience or interest in working with charities and NGOs, nonprofits, media, human rights and/or civil society groups
How to apply
Please respond with ALL of the following items. When you submit your application, you must include:
- A CV in English;
- A cover letter explaining your background, qualifications and interest in this role, in English;
- 2-3 references that could be checked upon a conditional offer of employment.
Extra submission materials
Links to relevant samples of work (Git repositories, online materials or related writings or other creations or proof of experience and/or skills) are helpful, if you have them, but not essential to the application process.
Privacy and Confidentiality
The information in this document is confidential. When responding, please send replies only to those listed in the “contact” section. Copyright © 2019 by Internews Europe (IEU). All rights reserved. This document is supplied purely for the purpose of assisting applicants to apply to the above described position; no part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording or otherwise) for any other purpose.