ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Internews seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to implement Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) for project work in coordination with other Internews staff and partners. The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will report to the Project Directors.
This role will be based in Budapest, Hungary.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
This is a part-time, limited-duration position, with an expected end date of 30 September 2024.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Support the design and implementation of project assessments and other research methodologies (e.g. surveys, focus groups, content analysis, etc.);
- Collect, verify, and report all required MEL data in compliance with Internews’ and donors’ data quality standards;
- Oversee consistent application of MEL standards by project partners, ensuring that all partnership agreements include well-designed MEL plans that utilize realistic and relevant indicators and targets;
- Provide training and mentoring to partners and staff on MEL systems, reports, and products as needed;
- Hold periodic Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning check-ins with relevant staff members and partners and use feedback to adapt the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Plans and data collection systems accordingly, if necessary;
- Develop internal tracking systems to maintain data in an organized, secure, and easy-to-understand way;
- Continuously monitor, review and ensure the quality of data from partners, trainers, and technical specialists;
- Write and edit sections of narrative reports on project progress and results (including M&E data) as per Internews’ and donor guidelines.
- Coordinate with project staff and partners to ensure their timely submission of data and examples of project impact that meet Internews’ and donor standards for quality, detail, and clarity.
- Respond to requests from the donor and Internews staff about data, assessment methodologies, and examples of project impact from various target countries/partners promptly and accurately.
- Produce project communications materials and success stories as per donor requirements and Internews’ internal standards in conjunction with other project staff.
- Other administrative duties to assist the team as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews' Core Values.
QUALIFICATIONS WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in sociological research, evaluative assessment, journalism, or international development.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, information science, development, journalism or related field or equivalent standard of education or equivalent lived/professional experience. Master’s degree and/or professional training in social science, evaluation, or media preferred
- Experience conducting both qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis. Experience designing surveys and other assessment methodologies preferred.
- Experience providing remote training and support preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of dynamics affecting the production, distribution, and consumption of media and information in the digital age.
- Fluency in English required; fluency in one or more of the following languages an asset: Armenian, Georgian, Hungarian, Polish, Romanian, Ukrainian, or Russian.
- Solid English writing skills, to a publishable standard.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite, various social media platforms, and digital analytics tools required.
- Proficiency using graphic design software, statistical analysis programs, and other digital content creation tools a plus.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and information management skills.
- Must be self-reliant, resourceful, good problem-solver, and flexible.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently, and reliably, to a high standard and to deadline.
- Sensitivity to cross-cultural dynamics in the workplace and ability and desire to collaborate productively with staff and partners in a multilingual environment spread across multiple time zones.
- Willingness to travel occasionally to project target countries as necessary
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network's offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.
Internews Network is an EEO/AAP/OFCCP employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.