Company: Lollypop Farm, Humane Society of Greater Rochester
Position: Facilities Maintenance Technician
Reports To: Facilities Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Schedule: 40 hr/week, days are flexible
Location: Fairport, NY 14450
Lollypop Farm, the Humane Society of Greater Rochester, has been helping animals and people since 1873. Our organization cares for around 7500 animals each year and makes possible a variety of programs to address issues that contribute to the surrender of unwanted animals. As an open-admission organization, we accept every animal in need of help. The Facilities Maintenance Technician works to maintain the building, equipment and grounds, and prioritize/resolve time-sensitive work requests from internal departments. The Facilities Maintenance Technician also completes mechanical repairs, supports strategic projects to improve animal welfare, improves the facility and maintains safe shelter operation.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for operating and maintaining critical equipment, including but not limited to: HVAC units, pumps, pressure washer, crematory unit, appliances, security / network equipment and humane animal enclosures
- Completes organization, inventory and purchasing of parts for facility equipment
- Repairs and maintains a variety of building equipment, materials and systems, including but not limited to: plumbing, electrical, lighting, ductwork, flooring, doors, locks, carpentry, network cables, etc.
- Installs new equipment and participate in building remodel projects
- Performs safe operation of the following: hand tools, cleaning equipment, material handling equipment and vehicles
- Assists with special events set up and tear down
- Supports cleaning of building and restroom areas
- Supports preventive maintenance projects to ensure maximum efficiency and life of equipment.
- Performs outdoor maintenance in all weather conditions and by season. Summer grounds tasks include mowing, weed control, landscaping, trash removal, gravel road maintenance and fence repairs. Winter tasks include snow/ ice removal for parking lots and sidewalks.
- Performs safe operation of commercial mower and other mowing equipment, hand tools for landscaping, truck mounted snow plow, snow blower and salting equipment
- Completes electronic timesheet daily and complete required training modules on time
- Provides building access and oversight for contractors, vendors, inspectors and volunteer groups
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable state/ federal laws
- Observes all safety rules and regulations for self and others
- Performs other duties as requested
Education: High School diploma or equivalent education required.
Experience: 2-5 years of direct mechanical or maintenance experience strongly preferred. Must have a current valid driver's license and a good driving record.
Skills: Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with service providers, the general public, volunteers, and co-workers. Ability to apply mechanical problem-solving techniques to identified problems or assigned projects/objectives. Ability to maintain a priority focus and schedule of assignments and communicate priorities to co-workers and to contractors. Must have a basic understanding of techniques for minor repairs to, and maintenance of, systems, equipment and buildings. Ability to work as a contributing member of a team and to learn quickly. Must exhibit safe work practices and the ability to identify and address hazards. Ability to consistently support teammates and the organization and show continuous improvement.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to balance, crawl, bend, stoop, walk, kneel, stand, sit, stretch, and climb. Employee must have the ability to reach overhead and in front, lift and carry varying weights. Ability to push or pull up to 50 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of this position.
Must Align with the Company Mission, Vision and Core Values:
Mission: Together with our community, we better the lives of animals through justice, prevention, and life-saving care.
Vision: A just and compassionate world for all animals.
Core Values: We embrace and recognize that Lollypop Farm donors are the heroes of our work – voluntarily offering time or money, no matter the amount – to support our mission. Together, our core values unify and guide us to provide the best service to the animals, our community, our organization and ourselves.
- Compassion: We show empathy and sympathy for what people and animals are experiencing through positive and constructive actions.
- Communication: We exchange thoughts, feelings, and ideas in pursuit of mutually accepted goals.
- Flexibility: We are willing and comfortable adapting to new circumstances and conditions.
- Commitment: We are steadfast in our efforts to achieve our mission.
- Teamwork: We collaborate and communicate to achieve common goals, understanding that the organization thrives when unified.
- Integrity: We act with honor, fairness, and respect for animals, individuals, the organization, and our community.
- Respect: We are considerate and professional regard for all aspects of our work.
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance