The Cardiac Management Solutions division of ZOLL Medical Corporation develops products to protect and manage cardiac patients, including the LifeVest® wearable cardioverter defibrillator (WCD), the ZOLL cardiac monitor, and associated technologies.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women in the U.S. At ZOLL, your work will help to ensure cardiac patients get the life-saving therapy they need. To date, the LifeVest WCD has been worn by hundreds of thousands of patients and saved thousands of lives.
ZOLL has been Pittsburgh’s Manufacturer of the Year, one of Western PA’s Healthiest Employers, and even one of Pittsburgh’s Coolest Offices. But it’s our unique opportunity to impact people’s lives that makes ZOLL the ideal place to build your career.
Design, build, deploy, and support machine learning infrastructure for large medical datasets containing ECG and other medical data. We use these systems to develop predictive models that improve outcomes and quality of life for our patients.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop infrastructure that supports machine learning from large sets of ECG and other signal data.
- Research and integrate distributed storage and processing frameworks.
- Collaborate with engineers, physicians, and data scientists to build data analysis pipelines and execute machine learning projects.
- Scope out work, resources and time required to complete projects.
- Lead development and implementation of process, tools, and best practices across the R&D organization.
- B.S in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 13 years production software solution development experience.
- Proficiency with one or more general purpose programming languages (e.g. C#, Python).
- Minimum of 7 years of experience using data management tools, including SQL/DBMS.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience architecting, designing, building and operating production big data/stream processing and/or large enterprise data stores.
- Familiarity with cloud-based distributed systems.
- Experience in Agile development process.
- Demonstration of excellent code quality and efficiency.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with machine learning tools and techniques preferred.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
No Direct Supervisory Responsibility
ZOLL is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace, where unique identities, backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences are respected and valued.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran
ZOLL now mandates COVID vaccinations subject to legal exemptions